Mastering Foresight: Scenario-Based Planning Bootcamp
Learn how to design and run a foresight program for your organization. Mastering Foresight: Scenario-Based Planning Bootcamp is a practical application of the most widely used foresight tool, scenario-based planning.
- December 6-10, 2021
- 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. EST
- (Virtual via Zoom)
The program is designed for professionals looking to build competency in strategic foresight by learning about and practicing the most widely used foresight tool: Scenario-Based Planning. Participants will acquire knowledge and skills necessary to prepare their organizations and themselves by:
- Leading and facilitating all phases of a Scenario-Based Planning workshop
- Acquiring a foundation in principal developments of alternative future worlds, what drives them, and how to lead discussions to elicit capabilities needed to succeed
- Thinking strategically and screening for opportunities that help organizations prepare for an uncertain future
- Aligning teams and individuals behind the skill of “futuring” to enhance agility in the organization
- Ensuring strategic priorities are aligned to and drive the right outcomes
- Bridging the gap between strategy and foresight by learning tools to effectively analyze many possible futures, their needed capabilities, and priorities
- Leveraging an agile foresight system to guide effective decision-making
- Cultivating a strategy-focused organization, driven by deliberate thought and consideration of the possible futures that could unfold
Inviting guest speakers was really useful and insightful, especially when we presented our work to Dr. Lum - The practical method of applying SP. - The diverse of the participants. - The size of the class was really good in terms of numbers.
Hamood Al Rashdi, Graduate Development Program Lead, Petroleum Development Oman
The combination of scenario-based planning framework and practice made the experience really valuable.
Jim Nadalini, Principal Consultant, Credera
Practical exercises helped me understand how to apply tools to generate inputs and develop my foresight outcomes.
Participant - Spring 2021 SBP Bootcamp
The course provides an excellence toolkit for running through a scenario exercise. I feel now empowered to organize this with my clients as well. I appreciated the real examples presented by experienced practitioners and going through the entire process one time. It was great to build a network with trainers and participants.
Daniel Dantine, Partner, Decision Advisory Group
Now I know what foresight and scenario-based planning are and I can better understand all the resources available and decide which ones are for me. I have learned a practical process and tools to conduct a scenario-planning exercise.
Nicolas Hauff , CEO & Founder, Fillgap Business Group
- Focus on the Future
- Develop Alternative Worlds
- Facilitate a Scenario-Based Planning Workshop
- Analyze Future Investments
- Apply to Strategy Formulation
This program covers the entire Scenario-Based Planning process, including “how tos” for bridging the gap to inform strategy. From Day One, a logical path for understanding the required five phases unfolds revealing a practical foresight process; one that is in alignment with decades of practice in both private and public sectors.
The program will help you develop requisite foresight and Scenario-Based Planning competencies, including the use of key strategic tools in order to effectively assess an organization’s possible future environments and formulate strategies to improve organizational performance. You will be able to translate capabilities that may be needed in the future to strategy, and prioritize projects to drive the right outcomes. You will be able to describe the vital role foresight plays in strategic planning and execution, while selecting the future capabilities that matter most.
Mastering Foresight is an intensive, hands-on executive and professional education program designed for leaders and organizations looking to build competencies and skill sets in strategic foresight and scenario-based planning. As opposed to forecasting, which seeks to predict one likely event, scenario-based planning is a foresight tool that explores many possible future outcomes in order to help organizations identify the capabilities necessary to prepare for an uncertain future. During the workshop-style Bootcamp, participants learn how to construct scenarios and conduct workshops to yield creative solutions and leverage tools to analyze capabilities for investment.
Professionals learn disciplined approaches to writing, facilitating, analyzing, and developing recommendations that fit their organization by being practical, sustainable, and cost-effective. By acquiring these skills, organizations become prepared to effectively focus people, resources, and capabilities for an uncertain future. The program is available in two formats: in-person and live online
Ask us about offering this program directly to your organization, in one of the following formats:
Who Should Attend?
Mastering Foresight is an executive and professional education program that delivers hands-on understanding and practical tools to actually lead a scenario-based planning event, for those seeking to lead foresight in their organizations, along with those desiring to develop skills to take on more responsibilities tied to strategic foresight and strategy management.
Strategy Professionals tasked with leading foresight in their organizations
Consultants desiring to add scenario-based planning into portfolio of consulting services
Individuals and Leaders interested in leveraging foresight as a tool to prepare for an uncertain future
Owners and Senior Executives who see the need for more effective preparation for dealing with unknown disruptors in their organization
Emerging Professionals building a pathway to careers in foresight and strategy management
Why LBL Strategies?
- Our trainers have a combined 150 years’ consulting and training experience in serving international businesses and public sector organizations
- Internationally recognized subject matter expert(s) in organizational design
- Recognized leader in organizational strategy development and execution
- 35 years’ experience offering university and/or association sponsored certification/certificate programs
Veteran Owned Small Business
Qualified Association for Strategic Planning
Project Management Institute
The George Washington University College of Professional Studies